Due to expansion and new client wins, Heckford have a job opening for front-end developer (web designer) in the digital team at our Preston office.
The role would suit someone who’s recently started their career in Digital (maybe you have a year or more under your belt already) or a good commercially-aware graduate.
This is the perfect opportunity for a front-end developer to join an existing and growing team of professional designers and developers in a well-established agency.
- Working with the design studio, to take approved Photoshop concepts to final product in HTML
- Adding new pages, sections and content to existing websites
- Building responsive HTML email campaigns to match the approved artwork
- Strong passion for front-end development, keeping up to date on current trends and industry standards
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS 3, jQuery
- Proficient code structuring skills
- Functional knowledge of Sketch/Photoshop/Illustrator
- Portfolio of work or online code examples
- Strong knowledge of responsive web development practices
- Working knowledge in customising WordPress
We use the following technologies daily, so experience with them is beneficial. Although you don’t need to be a master of all of these yet, you’ll become highly proficient through daily experience:
- HTML & CSS
- PHP (templates/front-end)
- Concrete5 (Legacy)
- Magento 1.9.x (Legacy)
- Code review practices
- Website security
- Website performance optimisation
- PHP / MySQL development
- Progressive web applications
- Web Accessibility